Forum Bugs

SVGs not rendering

elamdon
I am using Prince 13.5 which I think is the latest version and the svg elements within my html are either not rendering or are only partially rendering.

I have attached the pdf produced and the html/css used to produce it. I see a warning on generation "svg: use: @xlink :href required." but all my svgs have an xlink defined so far as I can see.

For context the svgs are generated by mathjax on the html page before we feed this into prince.

Any help on why these are not rendering?

Thanks
  1. prince.css2.1 kB
  2. srmpd808.html353.0 kB
  3. srmpd808.pdf687.0 kB
mikeday
The href attribute in SVG should be qualified in the XLink namespace, typically written as xlink:href. For some reason these SVG elements are defining the XLink namespace on the root element but not actually using it anywhere; perhaps this was an issue with the way the HTML was captured?
elamdon
thanks for your quick response, we updated our version of mathjax from version 2 to version 3 and the svgs now contain the fully qualified href namespaces
elamdon
Further to this, using version 3 of mathjax seems to come with its own issues, mathjax version 3 uses es5 and it seems there are some compatibility issues with prince? We now get an error "ReferenceError: no such property: Map" from the mathjax js when trying to convert the url to pdf. Is this a known limitation of prince?
mikeday
It's a known limitation, Prince does not support Map yet.